How To Apply
An applicant for an Oklahoma Single Parent Scholarship must
- Be a resident of Oklahoma
- Be the primary custodial parent of at least one child under the age of 18 at the start of the academic year and caring for the child(ren) without the assistance of another parent in the home.
- Be eligible to receive a federal Pell Grant
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Take a minimum of 12 credit hours unless enrolled in an approved full-time nursing program where they are in good standing
- Not hold a Bachelor’s degree. Applicants who hold a professional certification or an associate’s degree will only be considered eligible if they are pursuing a degree at the next level.
- Must be living at or near the poverty level (200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines) and submit proof of financial need (most recent federal tax return).
FOR NEW APPLICANTS
FOR RETURNING APPLICANTS
Check out some of our frequently asked questions to learn more about our scholarship.
Who is Eligible?
- Be the custodial parent of at least one child under the age of 18 living in a single-parent household without
the assistance of a “significant other” living in the home
- Be a full-time college student at Oklahoma City Community College (OCCC), Langston University – Oklahoma City (LU-OKC), Rose State College, Oklahoma City University (OCU), University of Oklahoma (OU), Oklahoma State University – Oklahoma City (OSU-OKC), Southern Nazarene University (SNU), or the University of Central Oklahoma (UCO) who is working toward a degree and has completed at least one semester at either of these institutions. Fulltime is defined as enrolled in 12 or more credit hours OR students enrolled in one of these programs may be eligible if enrolled in 9 or more hours: Anesthesia Technology; Emergency Medical Science; Nursing; Occupational Therapy Assistant; Physical Therapy Assistant; Respiratory Care Therapist; Speech-Language Pathology Assistant
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA in the most recent semester and cumulatively
- Be eligible to receive federal Pell Grant
Do I have to have applied for financial aid?
Yes. You must have a completed FAFSA and a copy of your latest income tax return.
What’s the Scholarship?
$1000 per semester
May I reapply?
Yes! The scholarship is given out every fall and spring semester.
What’s the Catch?
We ask you to touch base with a mentor once per month and attend our scholarship ceremony